Click here to go to our team website
HCY Stingrays Summer Swim Team Tryouts
Click here for a packet of information about the summer team.
Day: Saturday, April 12th
Time: 9 am – 12 noon
Location: Raritan Valley Community College
All swimmers trying out for the team must register for the tryout. There is no cost associated with the registration. The purpose for the registration is to gather some information about the swimmer(s) and to enable us to prepare an organized and structured tryout.
1. Read about the structure of our team at hcyswim.com under the “About HCY” tab.
2. Understand the groups within the team by reading under the “Practice Groups” tab.
3. Fill out “Tryout Registration From” (last page of this document)
4. Turn in “Tryout Registration Form” at the front desk of the YMCA
5. Show up at tryouts
What does your swimmer need for tryout?
Each swimmer trying out should bring:
- Swim Suit (a racing or practice suit: no shorts)
- Swim Cap (a racing or practice cap: no shower caps)
What will be required of your swimmer at tryouts?
Swimmers will be timed in a race format in the following events:
- 8&U: Will be observed…no racing
- 9&Over: 50 BK, 50 FR, 50 BR, and 50 FLY
***Swimmers may choose not to race a stroke if they are not comfortable.\
On what basis will we be selecting swimmers for the team?
HCY has limited openings.
In groups for which we have more swimmers trying out than spots available, we will offer spots to the swimmers who have the best combination of stroke development and racing ability.